… Because every child deserves the best start in life.
Backyard in a Box Sustainability Education promotes the following lifestyle learning opportunities:
- Exercise combats increasingly sedentary lifestyles with multiple health benefits.
- Nutrition and diet education where children grow, harvest and prepare healthy meals.
- Time in nature combats media immersion, giving your child space and time to just be in the moment.
- Relationships and connections with all life on earth are nurtured, common shared experiences emphasise that we are all part of a global community.
- Recreation and enjoyable activities create positive emotions and transform your child to become more creative, resilient, healthy and socially integrated.
- Relaxation and stress management give your child an opportunity to develop skills that help manage stress both now and later in life.
- Religious and spiritual practices are undertaken by 90% of the world’s population and these are a major means of coping with stress and illness.
- Contribution and service cultivate virtues that benefit both giver and receiver. Rather than a sacrifice, these virtues foster qualities that serve the giver – such as happiness, mental health and spiritual maturity.
See all our Sustainability Education Packages in our shop.
Where is your local childcare and is it using the Backyard in a Box resources? Is your child’s centre using the Backyard in a Box resources? Find out here.
Community Engagement Resource FUNdraising
The Backyard FUNdraising Project enables you to raise money while promoting sustainability within communities. Community Kits help families with their own sustainability journey at home. Each themed Community Kit contains:
Interested in sustainability at home?
Tailored to home environments Community Kits promote sustainable practices at home and work. Contact us to learn how to start your Backyard FUNdraising Project for your next school project. NO MONEY IS REQUIRED UP FRONT to commence your fundraiser and we supply all the materials to make your fundraisers easy to organise and run.
What to do next?
Complete the Parent Voices form below and give to your child’s educator. Send us a copy and you’ll receive a FREE Sustainability Literacy and Numeracy Pack for your child worth $40.00