What’s In The Program Box?
Training Manual – A step by step instructional guide with plenty of colour images that make the set up and maintenance of compost in your service easier than ever. Size 21cm x 29.7cm 8 Pages
Educator Guide – This guide makes application of the Box easy. Read it and you’ll understand the Box layout, contents, relevance and purpose Size 21cm x 29.7cm. 32 Pages.
Learning Experiences & General Resources – Learning Experiences have been included to provide initial guidance and build educator capacity in sustainability, arguably the newest area on knowledge in education. Base knowledge and basic learning ideas are already established, all you need to do is make decisions around how that fits into your specific learning environment and learners. These are a great time saver and more importantly connect educators with base knowledge in the Education for Sustainability. Sheet Sizes 21cm x 29.7cm.
Provocation Cards – Create conversation starters with these cards. The reverse side of each contains information to help educators acquire, consolidate and extend knowledge and understandings. 38 Cards. Size 21cm x 14.8cm
Vocabulary Cards – Extend vocabulary and build concepts with these sustainably themed vocabulary cards, complete with full colour pictures. 10 Cards. Size 21cm x 14.8cm
JNR Big Book – The Junior Big Book Reader
Big Book size 21cm x 29.7cm – 12 pages – 1 per Box
Child Readers – The Child Readers are a carbon copy of the larger format JNR Big Book. These enable children to follow along in reading groups and engage with guided and modelled reader. The clear layout and large font mean these are perfect for independent readers. Child Reader size 21cm x 14.8cm – 12 pages – 2 per Box
School Readiness Resources – Want to remain responsive? As educators we know open-ended learning is best but many parents still ask for structure when it comes to literacy and numeracy. And is it any wonder when you consider the approach taken in primary schools?
Understanding this we have developed School Readiness Resources of the very best quality. Literacy resources are themed in Sustainability, are created in NSW Schools Foundation Font and the Numeracy resources contain Ten Frames, a patterns and relationships approach utilised in primary schools across Australia.
A – Z Flash Cards – Introduce and consolidate Literacy proficiency with these full colour, durable, sustainably themed flash cards. Size 10.5cm x 14.8cm – 26 Cards
0 – 20 Sheets – Improve fine motor skills whilst consolidating basic Numeracy aptitude with these Black Line Masters. Size 21cm x 29.7cm – 24 Pages
A – Z Sheets – Improve fine motor skills whilst consolidating basic Literacy aptitude with these Black Line Masters. Size 21cm x 29.7cm – 28 Pages
0 – 20 Flash Cards – Introduce and consolidate Numeracy proficiency with these full colour, durable, sustainably themed flash cards. Size 10.5cm x 14.8cm – 21 Cards
Posters – Manage your classroom transparently, whilst simultaneously equipping staff, children and families with the knowledge they need to foster shared responsibility for your classroom environmental sustainability systems.
- Learn to make non toxic cleaning products.
- Be able to teach others and share knowledge within your community and business networks.
- Actively participate in creating and contributing to cleaner indoor and outdoor environments.
- Understand the importance of reducing pollution to waterways and air, minimise ozone depletion.
- Reduction in the production of waste.
- Reduction in the chemical burns, inhalation toxicity and skin absorption.
- Understand that antibacterial soaps isn’t any better than regular soaps and their frequent use can promote bacterial resistance to antibiotics.
- Be empowered to make choices and problem solve.
- Undertake sustainable practices in their classroom.
- Be able to share new learning with other including families and communities outside of their school environment.