What’s In The Program Box?
Training Manual – A step by step instructional guide with plenty of colour images that make the set up and maintenance of compost in your service easier than ever. Size 21cm x 29.7cm, 8 pages
Educator Guide – This guide makes application of the box easy. Read it and you’ll understand the box layout, contents, relevance and purpose Size 21cm x 29.7cm, 32 pages
Learning Experiences & General Resources – Learning Experiences have been included to provide initial guidance and build educator capacity in sustainability, arguably the newest area on knowledge in education. Base knowledge and basic learning ideas are already established, all you need to do is make decisions around how that fits into your specific learning environment and learners. These are a great time saver and more importantly connect educators with base knowledge in the Education for Sustainability. Size 21cm x 29.7cm
Provocation Cards – Create conversation starters with these cards. The reverse side of each contains information to help educators acquire, consolidate and extend knowledge and understandings. Size 21cm x 14.8cm, 38 cards
Vocabulary Cards – Extend vocabulary and build concepts with these sustainably themed vocabulary cards, complete with full colour pictures. Size 21cm x 14.8cm, 10 cards
JNR Big Book – The Junior Big Book Reader will teach you that compost is not smelly, compost is not dirty and it certainly isn’t hard to manage when you follow the easy steps in this big book. Understand what goes in, and in what ratio, and what you can expect out of the compost in mere months! Students are encouraged to investigate how the growing techniques differ and why. Size 21cm x 29.7cm, 12 pages, 1 per box
Child Readers – The Child Readers are a carbon copy of the larger format JNR Big Book. These enable children to follow along in reading groups and engage with guided and modelled reader. The clear layout and large font mean these are perfect for independent readers. Size 21cm x 14.8cm, 12 pages, 2 per box
School Readiness Resources – Want to remain responsive? As educators we know open-ended learning is best but many parents still ask for structure when it comes to literacy and numeracy. And is it any wonder when you consider the approach taken in primary schools?
Understanding this we have developed School Readiness Resources of the very best quality. Literacy resources are themed in Sustainability, are created in NSW Schools Foundation Font and the Numeracy resources contain Ten Frames, a patterns and relationships approach utilised in primary schools across Australia.
A – Z Flash Cards – Introduce and consolidate Literacy proficiency with these full colour, durable, sustainably themed flash cards. Size 10.5cm x 14.8cm, 26 cards
0 – 20 Flash Cards – Introduce and consolidate Numeracy proficiency with these full colour, durable, sustainably themed flash cards. Size 10.5cm x 14.8cm, 21 cards
A – Z Sheets – Improve fine motor skills whilst consolidating basic Literacy aptitude with these Black Line Masters. Size 21cm x 29.7cm, 28 pages
0 – 20 Sheets – Improve fine motor skills whilst consolidating basic Numeracy aptitude with these Black Line Masters. Size 21cm x 29.7cm, 24 pages
Posters – Manage your classroom transparently, whilst simultaneously equipping staff, children and families with the knowledge they need to foster shared responsibility for your classroom environmental sustainability systems.
- Be able to differentiate between healthy and unhealthy foods.
- Have experience growing a variety of foods.
- Recognise and identify a variety of different food crops.
- Understand and apply food functions.
- Utilise and prepare basic healthy snacks.
- Learn to make healthier food choices.
- Explain reasons for healthier food choices.
- Understand and apply basic needs for all life including food, shelter and water.
- Explore relationships between living and non living things.
- Demonstrate an increasing knowledge and respect for other living things.
- Participate with others to solve problems around growing food.
- Provide mentorship, support and guidance to others about how to care for plants.
- Utilise the by-products of food efficiently and effectively.
- Be empowered to make choices and problem solve.
- Undertake sustainable practices in the classroom.
- Be able to share new learning with others including families and communities outside of their school environment.
What’s In The Equipment?
Organic Gardening Equipment
- 3 x 550x350x400mm Raised Garden Beds
- 2 x 25L Soil
- 6 x Packets of Seeds
- 1 x Set Children’s Hand Tools
- 1 x Set Adult Garden Hand Tools
- 1 x 12kg Bale of Mulch
- 2 x 25L Organic Compost
- 1 x Seed Raising Kit
What’s in the Package?
Organic Gardening Package
Orlando the Organics Mechanic will teach you and your students how to grow and harvest your own fresh produce. Companion planting and crop rotation are applied in this Box.
The garden is where all the other minor recycling systems in your school converge to create Herbs, Medicinal and Vegetable Gardens.
Create your own fast food and pull up a carrot, or snap a pea! You can do it all and more with Box 6, Organic Gardening. Create conversations around your own health and well being use this as a springboard to better health for all.
Package includes the Program Box & Equipment