What’s In The Program Box?
Training Manual – A step by step instructional guide with plenty of colour images that make the set up and maintenance of compost in your service easier than ever. Size 21cm x 29.7cm, 8 pages
Educator Guide – This guide makes application of the box easy. Read it and you’ll understand the box layout, contents, relevance and purpose Size 21cm x 29.7cm, 32 pages
Learning Experiences & General Resources – Learning Experiences have been included to provide initial guidance and build educator capacity in sustainability, arguably the newest area on knowledge in education. Base knowledge and basic learning ideas are already established, all you need to do is make decisions around how that fits into your specific learning environment and learners. These are a great time saver and more importantly connect educators with base knowledge in the Education for Sustainability. Size 21cm x 29.7cm
Provocation Cards – Create conversation starters with these cards. The reverse side of each contains information to help educators acquire, consolidate and extend knowledge and understandings. Size 21cm x 14.8cm, 9 cards
JNR Big Book – The Junior Big Book Reader will teach you that compost is not smelly, compost is not dirty and it certainly isn’t hard to manage when you follow the easy steps in this big book. Understand what goes in, and in what ratio, and what you can expect out of the compost in mere months! Students are encouraged to investigate what the compost contains and why. What is the Carbon Cycle? What is the Nitrogen Cycle? Who are Compost Creatures and what are their jobs? Size 21cm x 29.7cm, 12 pages, 1 per box
Child Readers – The Child Readers are a carbon copy of the larger format JNR Big Book. These enable children to follow along in reading groups and engage with guided and modelled reader. The clear layout and large font mean these are perfect for independent readers. Size 21cm x 14.8cm, 12 pages, 2 per box
School Readiness Resources – Want to remain responsive? As educators we know open-ended learning is best but many parents still ask for structure when it comes to literacy and numeracy. And is it any wonder when you consider the approach taken in primary schools?
Understanding this we have developed School Readiness Resources of the very best quality. Literacy resources are themed in Sustainability, are created in NSW Schools Foundation Font and the Numeracy resources contain Ten Frames, a patterns and relationships approach utilised in primary schools across Australia.
A – Z Flash Cards – Introduce and consolidate Literacy proficiency with these full colour, durable, sustainably themed flash cards. Size 10.5cm x 14.8cm, 26 cards
0 – 20 Flash Cards – Introduce and consolidate Numeracy proficiency with these full colour, durable, sustainably themed flash cards. Size 10.5cm x 14.8cm, 21 cards
A – Z Sheets – Improve fine motor skills whilst consolidating basic Literacy aptitude with these Black Line Masters. Size 21cm x 29.7cm, 28 pages
0 – 20 Sheets – Improve fine motor skills whilst consolidating basic Numeracy aptitude with these Black Line Masters. Size 21cm x 29.7cm, 24 pages
Posters – Water Recycling – Manage your classroom transparently, whilst simultaneously equipping staff, children and families with the knowledge they need to foster shared responsibility for your classroom environmental sustainability systems.
- Be able to differentiate between healthy and unhealthy water.
- Understand and discuss the difference between potable and non potable water.
- Make decisions around how and where water is reused.
- Make decisions around how and where water is harvested.
- Understand and apply basic needs for all life including food, shelter and water.
- Explore relationships between living and non living things.
- Demonstrate an increasing knowledge and respect for other living things that rely on water to survive.
- Participate with others to solve problems around water shortages, reuse and recycling.
- Provide mentorship, support and guidance to others about how reduce and reuse water.
- Utilise grey water efficiently and effectively.
- Be empowered to make choices and problem solve to meet their needs.
- Undertake sustainable practices in the classroom.
- Be able to share new learning with others including families and communities outside of their school environment.
What’s In The Equipment?
Water Recycling Equipment
- 3 x 250ml Measuring Cup
- 2 x Bucket
- 1 x Tall Jug
- 190L x Mini Rainwater Tank
- 1 x Rainwater Tank Stand
- 1 x 100x75mm “rainwater do not drink” Tank Signage
- 1 x Water Storage Tank Diverter
What’s In The Package?
Explore behind the scenes, and understand how rain water tanks are installed. This package will give the educators, families and children alike, the opportunity to understand to properly manage water.
The package includes the Program Box & Equipment