WHAT DO YOU GET?
Educator Guide – This guide makes application easy. Read it and you’ll understand the box layout, contents, relevance and purpose Size 21cm x 29.7cm, 32 pages
Training Manual – A step by step instructional guide with plenty of colour images that make the set up and maintenance of native stingless bees easier than ever. Size 21cm x 29.7cm, 8 pages
School Readiness Resources – Want to remain responsive? As educators we know open-ended learning is best but many parents still ask for structure when it comes to literacy and numeracy. And is it any wonder when you consider the approach taken in primary schools?
Understanding this we have developed School Readiness Resources of the very best quality. Literacy resources are themed in sustainability, are created in NSW Schools Foundation Font and the Numeracy resources contain Ten Frames, a patterns and relationships approach utilised in primary schools across Australia.
A – Z Flash Cards – Introduce and consolidate literacy proficiency with these full colour themed flash cards. Size 10.5cm x 14.8cm, 26 cards
0 – 20 Flash Cards – Introduce and consolidate numeracy proficiency with these full colour themed flash cards. Size 10.5cm x 14.8cm, 21 cards
A – Z Sheets – Improve fine motor skills whilst consolidating basic literacy aptitude with these Black Line Masters. Size 21cm x 29.7cm, 28 pages
0 – 20 Sheets – Improve fine motor skills whilst consolidating basic numeracy aptitude with these Black Line Masters. Size 21cm x 29.7cm, 24 pages
Learning Experiences & General Resources – Learning Experiences have been included to provide initial guidance and build educator capacity in sustainability, arguably the newest area on knowledge in education. Base knowledge and basic learning ideas are already established, all you need to do is make decisions around how that fits into your specific learning environment and learners. These are a great time saver and more importantly connect educators with base knowledge in the Education for Sustainability. Size 21cm x 29.7cm
Provocation Cards – Create conversation starters with these cards. The reverse side of each contains information to help educators acquire, consolidate and extend knowledge and understandings. Size 21cm x 14.8cm, 20 cards
JNR Big Book – These interesting and colourful readers will help your children understand all about native stingless bees. Size 21cm x 29.7cm, 12 pages
Child Readers – The child readers are a copy of the larger format junior big book. These enable children to follow along in reading groups and engage with guided and modelled reader. The clear layout and large font mean these are perfect for independent readers. Size 21cm x 14.8cm, 12 pages
Posters – Manage your classroom transparently, whilst simultaneously equipping staff, children and families with the knowledge they need to foster shared responsibility for your classroom environmental sustainability systems. Size 29.7cm x 42cm, 9 posters
These items will be sent via a downloadable link.
- Understand the relationship between bees and food security.
- Understand the difference between commercial pollination and incidental pollination and why both are important to food production.
- Understand the relationship between biodiversity on plants and animals.
- Understand the importance of native been pollutions to survival of native plant species.
- Learn how to create environments that support the re-emergence of native bee populations back into urban environments.
- Understand the difference between social and solitary bees and wasps.
- Understand the life cycle of bees.
- Learn how to harvest social bee by products such as honey and ‘was’ (propolis and tree sap).
- Start to uncover the relationship between commercial food production and the economy of the dominant society.
- Understand bee conservation.
- Understand Indigenous cultures through bees.
- Be empowered to make choices and problem solve.
- Undertake sustainable practices in their classroom.
- Be able to share new learning with others including families and communities outside of their school environment.